Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mac is turned on right now. I can use it. It works just…

Customer Question
My mac is turned...

My mac is turned on right now. I can use it. It works just fine. But my power button is not responding. I am scared to turn off my mac, coz then I wont be able to turn it back on

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Macbook pro Retina display 13 inch

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Macbook?

Mac OS

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing yet. Its been 14 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am in a very humid place. A few times my mac didn't turn on at all. But then I gave it a day or so and it started working Even now it is working just perfectly Only the power key is not responding That's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

It does sound like the connection is shorting out, a lot of humidity can cause this.

Can you place a fan on the button to dry it out and keep it cool, then try the button please? Fan would need about 20 minutes to get it cooled off.

But just the power button? All the other keys are working fine?
Dont wan to secure connect

yes, as it send the biggest charge when it makes a connection.

Either this or you have a faulty power button and this would need to be replaced.

But this is not a software issue of any kind, it is purely an issue with the button.

But the button has been non-functional for a week now. will placing a fan work?

We will need to see, to rule that out, this is why I asked you to do this, in can in some cases resolve it for my customers