Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an iPhone and an apple computer. I have been getting

Customer Question

I have an iPhone and an apple computer. I have been getting messages on my iPhone saying that iCloud doesn't have enough storage to back it up. I've heard one can back it up on the computer, but I don't know how to go about it. Would you please help! Thanks!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The iPhone is an i6S, I think.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I usually do updates as they come on my phone, but haven't on my computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to a Telus store where I bought the phone, and asked about it. They gave me a paper with instructions on how to do the "transfer", but it wasn't successful.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ricky Kresslein replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have iTunes on your computer?