Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost all my mail account settings, No, MacBook Pro

Customer Question
I lost all my...

I lost all my mail account settings

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011), OSX 10.11.9

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased 5 years ago, It started yesterday when I tried to send messages. I first got message about invalid outgoing mail server, then I tried editing the configuration and it's then that somehow all the account settings dissapeared. I restored from time capsule from 5 days ago (no problem I was away and had done nothing since then) It solved nothing, all accounts are still missing. On your site, I read the thread "My Apple Mail setup with three mail accounts has disappeared...". I got o the point where I can see in the File Folder the hidden Mail folder and the accounts.plist in "Mail\v2\MailData.That's it!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else I guess

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me with which mail service you have the issue with?

Please let me know

Thank you

I'm using Apple Mail and I have 3 mail connection Gmail, Videotron.ca provider in Canada (imap) and a Likuid.com mail service with my own web site URL