Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I forgot my passcode for my iphone 7, I'm not good at this

Customer Question

I forgot my passcode for my iphone 7
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I'm not good at this I'm on an old PC laptop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: noooo I'm in a panic
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was on google and I have my phone hooked to the lap top but not sure what to do now
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no help please!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:
Solution #1:

1. From a working device, such as a computer, or tablet, go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. There, sign in with your Apple ID account (using the email address associated with your iPhone.)
  3. Then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPhone device, if shown.
  4. Then if it finds your iPhone, i.e., if it does not show Offline, then click on option Erase... to erase it, and its passcode for now. Follow the instructions to erase it for now.
  5. Once that is done successfully, then check your iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up your iPhone and if prompted, select the option to restore from iCloud.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open iTunes program on your PC laptop. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone 7 to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. Turn off the iPhone by holding down the Power button on the right side, and then swipe on the screen, and wait until the iPhone is completely turned off with a black screen.
  4. Next, press and hold the Power button on the right side of the iPhone for 3 seconds.
  5. While still holding the Power button, now, also press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone.
  6. Continue holding both the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
  7. Then release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
  8. In the iTunes program on the computer, click on option Restore... and confirm / continue once it has detected the iPhone.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://youtu.be/qCIM6YdcyRE?t=44

- Does your PC laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,