Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need HELP I own a Mac Book Pro and when I try to open it…

Customer Question
I need HELP...

I need HELP I own a Mac Book Pro and when I try to open it the wheel just keeps going around and around and the program will not let me get to the log in place to open the programs I have on the computer What can I do

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?

The Computer is probably five or six years old and I am not sure what the opeatring system is?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have turned the computer completely off and then tried again a few hours later

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of I will have the computer next to me when you respond

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 11 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

A few background questions:

What is the serial number of your Mac?

Do you have any free space on your hard drive?

When did this first begin?

I do not have the serial number and I know there is space on the hard drive because we only use the computer for a show my wife does.

The serial number is ***** the bottom of the computer.

It is Mac Book Pro and Iam working from my deske top computer and jst turned ont he mac bood Pro and the apple c

Either way the serial is on the bottom of the computer. The laptop and the desktop.

For some reason the comouter jsut came on and it lloks like it is working fine????
Thanks for your help How do I disconnect from you????

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. That will close this transaction.

Justin did a good job

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Your Expert will not be paid until you rate the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please cancel my enrollment in your program