Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I put voice over to see how it would work and I can't get it

Customer Question

I put voice over to see how it would work and I can't get it off. I shut it down and now voice over wont take my pass code
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: The latest one
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since i am locked out of my ipad i decided to try this route
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When it is turned on, you have to select the item/app and double tap the item to open it. You have use to three fingers at same time to swipe or scroll instead of using one finger. First, try this to turn off voice over.

Triple click the home button (round button at front bottom) quickly and this will turn the Voice over off. The three clicks should be very fast and there must not be any delay between the clicks. Or hold down home button and this will bring Siri. Ask Siri to "Turn off VoiceOver" i.e say "Siri, Turn off Voice Over".

If that didn't work, then you have to turn it off manually. Lock the iPad by pressing the power button. Then press Home button. If it doesn't bring the passcode screen, then press Home and Power button (at top right) until it brings the Apple logo. Release the buttons when you see Apple logo and then it will take you to passcode screen (press Home once or twice if asked or hold it to bring the passcode screen).

In the passcode screen, tap the first number and then double tap it to enter the first number and do repeat these until you enter all numbers of passcode. After entering all numbers of passcode, your iPad will unlock.

Then tap and double tap Settings, tap and double tap General, tap and double tap Accessibility, tap and double tap Voice Over and double tap on On/Off switch of Voice over to turn it off. To scroll, you have to swipe with three fingers.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.