Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

My iphone has gone blank, sorry they sent me a email to say

my iphone has gone blank
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: sorry they sent me a email to say they have blocked it as they wanting my details I thought it was a scam
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: cannot get into my phone at all its dead
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

You can first try this but depends on which version of iphone you have:

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work you can try and plug it into your computer and open itunes and see if it wakes up the phone that way.

If that does not work you can Plug in your device and let it charge for up to one hour. After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen. If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
why can you not connect?? I will take it up town to a shop