Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have just tonight gotten an Activation Lock on my iPad, I…

Customer Question
I have just tonight...

I have just tonight gotten an Activation Lock on my iPad

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I can not get any of that information off the iPad with this lack -- but I think it is Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Every time I start the Ipad it goes to a activation lock page

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The e mail I set up the Ipad on is no longer in service. I have a new Apple ID but it doesnt repond to this.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

ok

Your Apple ID does not require your email address to still be active.

You can reset the password ***** of that Apple ID if you have forgotten it.

How do I do that?

To begin with you can go here to verify the Apple ID:
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

From there you can reset the Apple ID password. You don't need to have access to the email address, you can choose the option to reset using security questions.

I just tried this - the security questions don't help me and the email is as I said no longer in use

The only way to reset the password ***** you don't have access to the email is with the security questions.

I understand but these were set 4 years go and I do no know them now

If you could access the old email service, you could possibly get in by resetting the password ***** it.

If not then you will need to remember the answers to the security questions.

Can

I'm sorry there is no other way, these are very strong security measures put in place to protect your device.

Do you think you could unlock the old email account if you tried?

Who was the old email service with? Was it AOL or ATT for example?