Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My i phone has been giving me messages about being infected

Customer Question

My i phone has been giving me messages about being infected with a virus and then got a phone message from Arcata Ca stating that my iCloud id would be terminated if I didn't call a certain number. Is this real or phony?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: Crap, can't remember, but think it is yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Have not, and everything is saying to update Apple, cloud and can't approve my Mac , Phone or iPad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have tried numerous times to get approval, have gone to Apple store, Best Buy, and now this stuff is showing up on my iPhone
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: HELP!!!!!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

These are all bogus alerts/messages shown by rogue third parties, and not associated with Apple in any way. You may simply ignore these types of phone calls/messages as they come, and if they show up on your iPhone anytime as well, do this:

Tap on the Settings app.

Next, scroll down and tap on Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

This will get rid of the alert/message on your phone as well. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,