Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My i phone has been giving me messages about being infected…

Customer Question
My i phone has...

My i phone has been giving me messages about being infected with a virus and then got a phone message from Arcata Ca stating that my iCloud id would be terminated if I didn't call a certain number. Is this real or phony?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Crap, can't remember, but think it is yosemite

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Have not, and everything is saying to update Apple, cloud and can't approve my Mac , Phone or iPad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have tried numerous times to get approval, have gone to Apple store, Best Buy, and now this stuff is showing up on my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP!!!!!!!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

These are all bogus alerts/messages shown by rogue third parties, and not associated with Apple in any way. You may simply ignore these types of phone calls/messages as they come, and if they show up on your iPhone anytime as well, do this:

Tap on the Settings app.

Next, scroll down and tap on Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

This will get rid of the alert/message on your phone as well. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist