Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iMac operating on Sierra 10.12.6. How do I install…

Customer Question
Hi. I have an...

Hi. I have an iMac operating on Sierra 10.12.6. How do I install iPhoto? I have lost it from when I had Lion

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Six years maybe.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. I went from Lion to Sierra

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried to purchase iPhoto from Apple, but it says it is not available for Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to post my photos on FaceBook, but now I cannot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The problem is, Apple has replaced iPhoto with new application called Photos app from OS X 10.10.3 onwards. You can open Photos app from Applications folder. Photos app does support your old iPhoto library. So you will be able to open Photos and see all the photos that were in iPhoto.

Open Applications folder and you will find the Photos icon (a flower like icon). Open it and it will import your iPhoto Library automatically.

If it doesn't, then close Photos. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and open Photo. Select Choose Library, then from the list of library select iPhoto Library and choose it. This will migrate the iPhoto Library to Photos.

Then from Photos, you can share to Facebook. Refer this article --> https://www.imore.com/how-share-pictures-and-videos-photos-mac

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.