Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

When I transfer my photos from iPhoto to an app (momento)

they mess up the sequence/order? JA...
When I transfer my photos from iPhoto to an app (momento) they mess up the sequence/order?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: unsure) how do I find out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: probably
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. Just when I transfer the photos to desktop and then into Momento, they are out of the original order.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
8/31/2017
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

This is happening because there are different ways a list of photos can be sorted.

They can be sorted by the date they were created or by their name for example.

Both ways of sorting will give different results.

You can usually choose in an application which attribute a list is sorted by.
In this case you could set iPhoto to sort by a certain attribute and then try setting Momento to sort by the same attribute.

Try different combinations of sort order and you will find that you have a lot of control over how they get sorted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you. I will let you know how your suggestions work out when I get back to the programme in a few days,

You're welcome! Have a great day!

David, Mac Support Specialist
Thanks David. The problem was fixed by sorting by date in the Momento programme. Easy!!!

That's great to hear, thank you so much!

David, Mac Support Specialist