Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Iphoto on my MacBook Air will not download all of the

iphoto on my MacBook...

iphoto on my MacBook Air will not download all of the pictures on my iphone. It skipped several. This seems to be a new problem

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?

It is several years old. 10.8.5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No...

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Restarted. Tried again. Tried to research on Apple.com

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/29/2017
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Are you able to now?

Yes - I am here. Is the phone and computer on the same iCloud account?

OK - I am going to opt out for another expert to help as I am unsure about iPhoto. You will be emailed when they pick this up

Ok
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Normally when I connect the iPhone, iPhoto opens up automatically and gives an option to upload photos to your computer.

Do you get any error?

I did not get any error. I just happened to notice that not all of the pictures downloaded. When I tried it again, 5 more were downloaded, but not all of them. Entire days worth are not downloading

unplug the iphone from the computer and restart the computer and the iphone once both boots up fine then try to connect it using the usb cable and let me know if it sync fine with each other or not.

Well it found 4 more, but not all of them

Connect your iPhone to Mac with USB cable > Launch Preview > Click File at the upper left corner of your screen > Choose Import from your iPhone > Pick up the photos you want to transfer by clicking Import or Import All > Choose destination for your iPhone photos.

Well that's cool! Except they aren't showing up there either! I recently started using iCloud. Does that remove them from my phone somehow?

Hope that worked for you.

if you have icloud account working then you must check using the computer to login to icloud and the photos must be there.

Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.

Thanks for using our service.

Dumb question-how do I access the cloud?

Open "Settings" from the home screen of your iPhone or iPod Touch and tap "iCloud." Tap the "On/Off" toggle to turn it on and enter your Apple ID as prompted. Turn on Photo Stream to see your own pictures in iCloud and Shared Photo Streams to see pictures other people have shared with you.

Let me know if you need anything else?

I'm not sure what to do. What you said above doesn't work

What has not worked?

how to access i cloud?

Click on the link and login to icloud

https://www.icloud.com/

When I hit that toggle I get this message: This iPhone was not able to download 866 ful-resolution photos and videos....

Click on the link and login to icloud

https://www.icloud.com/
34;If you continue, the low resolution versions of these photos and videos will be removed

you are trying to download photos from you iphone to which computer is it a mac computer or windows pc?

It's a MacBook Air. I've downloaded tons of photos before
OMG! I got them!!!! I found my pictures.
Thank you!

thanks for using our service.

michelleclive
michelleclive
michelleclive