Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Pp, don't want to close iPhoto library - I want to open

Customer Question
Don't want to close...

Don't want to close iPhoto library - I want to open iPhoto and can't even shut down computer or get closing IPhoto off screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I have an iMac computer Nothing else, need help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
8/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on the option Force Quit
; (or press at the same time the 3 keys Command-Option-Esc on the keyboard)
2. Then select the item iPhoto

3. Then click on Force Quit button at the bottom, then click on Force Quit to confirm.

- Then re-open iPhoto and check. (And/or if needed, after force quitting iPhoto, then see if you can shut down / restart the computer.)
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Are you able to open the Force Quit window using my steps above?

If there is still issue with shutting down / restarting your computer, then please press at the same time the three keys Control–Command–Power button on your computer, and check.

- Or if needed, press and hold the Power On / Off button on your computer for about 15 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech