Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iPad suddenly stopped ringing, stopped phone calls. And

sound on videos and Siri...
My iPad suddenly stopped ringing, stopped phone calls. And sound on videos and Siri I have checked everything
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: On my iPad? I don't know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I think so.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: In settings where it says sound for Siri I've got it on and any other sounds
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't use my iPhone due to poooor reception.. I am ill and cannot go to have it looked at. I am relying on my iPad and it's fairly new to me. I had a mac air but the screen went out. A fix it place wanted 750 to fix it. I had to get this iPad and no other choice. I thought about suicide. Pretty bad
8/24/2017
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart. After the restart, do you still have the issue?

far ok but I haven't used all things that required sound yet. However Siri works which helps me so much. I'm old and have trouble with safari. I hope to get one of those devices that you can be heard in the house or room. Before I lose my mind eventually. I am very ill

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

It asked and I lost the page. It wanted a rating and had an offer. I would like to see the offer again please

Josh, Mac Support
You have been excellent. However I need to check my ringing on the iPad
Phone call session started
It's not ringing

Still no ringing? Please double check your number

I think I sent wrong(###) ###-#### Old ladies do this bear with me. I'm 57

I apologize -- I had a poor connection but you did answer so it appears that it is ringing now.

How much is this call?

The call was completed -- Did it ring? I heard you pick up the phone.

It rang well I said hello twice but was dead
Did u hear me?

Yes, I have a bad connection so I was not able to talk.

The important thing was that it rang which is why we did the phone call request. Yes, I did hear you.

Okay then it's the storm. I heard it ring. But the iPad never rang

If you heard it ring then you heard the iPad ring -- I am not sure what you mean.

I heard the iPhone ring but not the iPad. I've had this iPad a couple of months. Then one day it rang. It hadn't ever done That. I answered and it worked perfect. I almost drowned my iPhone obviously due to the reception. I now for some reason cannot call or get rings on this iPad. When u called only my iPhone rang. I really need it to work on this iPad. If there was an accident and I had to call for help ......my iPhone sometimes makes me wait for almost 30 minutes to text or call. Please help me

On your iPad, go into Settings then Facetime then turn on iPhone Cellular Calls

Will u still be here when I get back?

Ok, first it said error activating so I turned it off and back on. But itnt it only for calling wit FaceTime?
It says
People can contact you on all your devices with FaceTime, using your phone # or email address.......but what about calls that are not FaceTime .......normal calls?

Yes, it will ring on all calls.

Ok can I turn all off and we attemp to see?

I am not sure what you mean -- Why would you turn it off?

If I'm away from them... both iPhone and pad are they going to ring? Do have to have them on?

They will both ring with that option turned on.

It looks like I dot have the "phone" icon anymore on my iPad. Where do I go to get it back
The App Store?

Yes, you will need to download a phone app from the App store.

Thank you for your never ending patience. I want to send u a bonus but have to in the morning. Do I just come back to the site and it will walk me through to get it to you specifically?

Yes, if you come back here then you can scroll to the top of the page to leave a bonus. I appreciate your kindness!

Thanks.

You're welcome

I got charged for a phone call. I should get credit. The problem was no sound or ringing and it forced a call to test. Test proved it did not work yet. It was a test. Please don't charge me for that. Otherwise it would have been an unsuccessful transaction. I would have reported a scam. But the call was part of the repair. I have yet to rate stars or tip my expert. He was great but did not inform me that the test call would cost me. Too large of a charge if you ask me.

As a technician, I do not handle any type of payment information. You requested the phone call (all payment information is shown on your screen) and I made a phone call to test your line for you which showed that the iPad did not ring so I provided you with the next steps to turn on the iPad setting to fix the issue.

I am not sure why you are mentioning scam when I have helped you resolve your issue.

Josh, Mac Support