Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost my send button on my new email - Macbook Air, As a…

I lost my send...

I lost my send button on my new email - Macbook Air

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?

As a senior citizen, i do not know I think it is over 4 years old is operating system?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

8/21/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Close Mail app. Then in Finder, hold down Option key, click on Go menu and select Library. Open Preferences folder and trash the file com.apple.Mail.plist and mail.plist.lockfile if you see it there.

Open Mail and does it show the button now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I do not have an option button in my finder

Option (or alt) is the key on keyboard. Go is the menu button at the top bar

Will do

The above steps are to reset Mail settings to default (without deleting any of your emails). Let me know how ti goes

Trashed com.apple.mail Plist.lockfile. No send icon. There was no com. Apple.mail.plist

Are you sure ? Could you please check again ? That fie is supposed to store mails settings files

I checked again. No com. Apple. Mail plist

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Check it from Apple > About This Mac

Capitan version 10.11.6

Did you lose any other buttons along with Send ?

Let's check another location. In Finder, hold down Option, click on Go menu and select Library. Open Containers folder. Open com.apple.mail folder. Open Data folder. Open Library, Preferences folder and you will see that com.apple.mail.plist there. Delete it and open Mail

Hurrah, it came back. Many many thanks.
Now what do I do to close this service and give you a 5 rating?

I'm glad to hear that. It was just a corrupted settings. Note down these steps. It can be applied ifyou face any issues with Mail.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Will do. Many thanks Ashik!

Thank you !

Ashik, Mac Technician