Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The screen for it has went dark and the swirly rainbow

The screen for it...

The screen for it has went dark and the swirly rainbow loading icon has replace the mouse. it has being doing this for some time now, around 8 hours. any idea on what it is and how to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I am not sure

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I beleive so

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I got this macbook around four days ago

8/21/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

First you can try to hold down the power button for about 30 sec until it shuts off, then you can try and hit power again to turn it back on. If after that it still does not boot please try the following:

You can try to boot into whats called "recovery mode": This will not erase your data.

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down command and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to a main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which is basically next, next, next
Thank you so much! Holding down the power bottom worked.
button*

Awesome! please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help. :)

Just keep in mind the recovery mode instructions just for the future.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast