Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am receiving emails from Apple ID saying that changes were…

I am receiving emails...

I am receiving emails from Apple ID saying that changes were made to my ID ON THE 20TH AUGUST. and to change my password ***** https://appleid.com

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

Not sure earlier in the year my daughter did it for me, I was wanting to check if this is a hoax or not. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10 did an update about 3 months ago, but I have not.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None I just wanted to know if this a scam before I do anything, I'm 72 and the the worlds greatest tech person!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

8/20/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That sounds like a SCAM email. To make sure your account is secure, I'd recommend to reset the password ***** this official website --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

Also, you should enable the two step authentication on your ID as that will make it more secure --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Thank you I thought it was a scam.

Yes, it is difficult to identify what is correct and what is SCAM. But it is the safe to reset the password ***** official links, the ones I sent you above

Ashik, Mac Technician