Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to install Office 2016 onto my MacBook Air. Can…

I am trying to...

I am trying to install Office 2016 onto my MacBook Air. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?

Forgive the wait. I believe the MacBook Air is 4 or 5 years old. I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I just had the contents of my older MacBook transferred to the Air. I just turned it on to see what system it was running.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I deleated the Word and Office files that the technitions installed--I followed the instructions online.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

The older MacBook was running on OSX 10.7.5

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/20/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

When you said "deleted the office files". You mean the office installer they may have left on the desktop for you? Did you already check your trash because if you "accidentally" deleted something, it would still be in the trash. You would have to go into the trash and delete it purposely after so it should hopefully still be in there. Let me know.

If not, do you have access to the microsoft office website to re-download the files?

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
I have not permanently deleted my office files from the my computer.

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following:

1. Click this link -> https://get.teamviewer.com/jonjatech

2. A file will automatically download, when finished downloading, click the file to open

3. Double click the icon inside in order to connect

Were you able to click the link and download the file?