Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I'm getting this screen that says iPhone is disabled,

So I'm getting this...

So I'm getting this screen that says iPhone is disabled, connect to iTtues.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Ah. I think it's an iPhone 5?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Sorry to be an idiiot about this. Just happened tonight.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?

No I think the idiot thing is cool but if you can get my phone working we'll be best friends forever.

Are we still connected? I just signed up.
8/19/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You or someone has tried to access your iPhone by entering incorrect passcode for multiple times and cause the phone to disable itself to protect your data. Since it is disabled, now your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Ok.Thanks by the way. All this is much appreciated.I hold the home and power button for 8 seconds and I get an iTunes logo thing on the phone.But.iTunes says 'There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored'.Either of those options don'r get me any results.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

If you are talking to me from your computer now, then click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/336498727

Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named GoTo Opener or Launcher will be downloaded. Then open the GoTo Opener or Launcher file you see there and then open theGoTo Opener or Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

I'm on a Mac.
But something seems to be happening.

connected

Issue resolved via remote support. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician