Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Second opinion] Reminders badge count incorrect in OSX in

second opinion] Reminders badge count incorrect in OSX in Sierra 10.12.5 - should be 0 but showing as 1

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you sure there aren't reminder unattended ?

Have you tried restarting the Mac ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sure no more unattended reminders
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Restarting cleared it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wonder if there is a way to clear without restarting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Intermittently also happens on iPhone and iPad

Software glitch can cause this especially since it is connected to iCloud with other devices. Try this and let me know. Go to Apple > System Preferences >iCloud and turn off Reminder. Restart your Mac and then turn it back on. This will refresh the database.

You can do the same on iPhone or ipad from Setting > account > iCloud > Reminders.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Noted will try and let you know

If that didn't work, then we can reset the settings of Calendar. We need to find out what is causing this glitch. So try the above and let me knwo

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will do so tomorrow

Ok, have a good day !

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let's close the ticket for now. I have applied the steps you suggested. I will monitor if issue re-occur.

Ok let me know