Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Second opinion] Reminders badge count incorrect in OSX in…

second opinion] Reminders badge count...
second opinion] Reminders badge count incorrect in OSX in Sierra 10.12.5 - should be 0 but showing as 1
8/16/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you sure there aren't reminder unattended ?

Have you tried restarting the Mac ?

sure no more unattended reminders
Restarting cleared it
Wonder if there is a way to clear without restarting
Intermittently also happens on iPhone and iPad

Software glitch can cause this especially since it is connected to iCloud with other devices. Try this and let me know. Go to Apple > System Preferences >iCloud and turn off Reminder. Restart your Mac and then turn it back on. This will refresh the database.

You can do the same on iPhone or ipad from Setting > account > iCloud > Reminders.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Noted will try and let you know

If that didn't work, then we can reset the settings of Calendar. We need to find out what is causing this glitch. So try the above and let me knwo

Ok will do so tomorrow

Ok, have a good day !

Ashik, Mac Technician
let's close the ticket for now. I have applied the steps you suggested. I will monitor if issue re-occur.

Ok let me know