Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an iPhone 6 its disabled, idk, turning power off it…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone 6 its disabled

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Idk

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning power off it happened two days ago. I entered my pin to unlock phone to many times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?

I don't have a working phone at this time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
8/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

An iPhone would be disabled if you enter incorrect passcode for multiple times. This is a strong security feature of the phone which is implemented to protect your data.

Since it is disabled, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician