Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It is showing itunes and saying to contact

Customer Question
It is showing itunes...

It is showing itunes and saying to contact supportapple.com/phone restore. I cant get my iphone to start up again

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I think it is OSX

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes it said install OS something so I said install then it said it would start up again when install is complete

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I dont know much about the iphone yet. I tried to turn it off and it doesnt work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPhone is corrupted. This happens if the phone was interrupted during the update. You need to update or restore the iPhone software through iTunes application (from computer). Updating will not delete anything, but restoring will delete everything from the iPhone unfortunately. But we will try to update it without restoring first, so if there is any way to get your date, this will do it.

But if you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to update or restore your iPhone from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPhone. Try Update first. This will download the firmware and once it is finished, it will update. If it gives any error, disconnect and reconnect your iPhone. Then hit Update again.

If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.