Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I do not know but it is quite old. I have not used it for a…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl Technician's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I do not know but it is quite old. I have not used it for a long time and the battery was flat but after recharging, it's asking for AppleID and password. I enter these as they are on my Apple account but it says they're not the same as was used to set up the iPad.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought it about ten years ago I think. I have gone through all the reset steps offered on the Apple help site but it still asks for the AppleID and password ***** when I enter these, it tells me these aren't valid for the iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Simply what do I have to do! My AppleID is my personal Yahoo email account, not iCloud as I don't believe I ever set up an iCloud account and if I did, I have no idea what the password ***** be. I can access my Apple account no problem with the Yahoo ID.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 11 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When I try to reactivate my iPad it asks for AppleID and password. I enter these as they are in my Apple account but it returns an error message saying these cannot be used to unlock the iPad. I have done all the reset things and software updates via iTunes but nothing seems to work.
39 Euro is a lot!! Rather you send me some instructions to try first.

I will be happy to send you instruction to reset the password ***** the AppleID. Have you ever setup the AppleID. I understand that you are using an older version of an IPAD.

I have already reset the Apple ID password ***** times this morning and gone through the software update and reload steps on the iPad but the iPad is still telling me that the Apple ID and password ***** be used for the iPad even though I can use them to access my Apple account from my laptop.
The precise message I am receiving is "Incorrect Apple ID "*****@******.*** cannot be used to unlock this iPad". That email address is my personal one and the one I use to access my Apple account from my laptop.

Ok so the appleid is working properly. The issue is with the ipad itself.

OK. What do I do?

Here is one way to get into the ipad

If you set up Find My iPhone on your iOS device or Mac, you can use iCloud to erase and restore it. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. From another device, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device that you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.

The other way is via Itunes and I would like to know if you can connect the ipad to the computer

I have got onto the iCloud site but it's telling me that all devices are on-line but cannot be located. The iPad is connected to my laptop via USB cable. I have already tried correcting things via iTunes but no luck.
I've just tried accessing my iPad using***@******.*** and a variety of old passwords that may have been used when I set things up ten years ago but it tells me that the Apple ID is disabled for security reasons and that I need to reset my password. Been there and done that already - may times!!!!
many times....:-)

Hold on one minute

I have to step out for an hour or so. I'll leave this dialogue window open and look for your reply / solution when I return it that's OK. Thanks.

Here is an article from apple fro the issue

https://discussions.apple.com/message/30091830#30091830

Also you can go to icloud.com and try to deactivate and reactivate the phone.

Nothing works. The document is no help at all simply has people talking about the same problem with no solution to anyone.

You will need to take the IPAD into the apple store. I will defer to another expert in case they know another way to solve your issue

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system at the top of the screen to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit.
Thank you for using justanswers and have a great day.

Richard H

OK. Disappointing but there you go. Thanks.