Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is saying that iCloud Backup is unable to access the…

My ipad is...

My ipad is saying that iCloud Backup is unable to access the account and I can't get into settings.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Haven't been able to connect as ipad is frozen

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not quite sure how to do this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

How do I get rid of an old account as the Mastercard is no longer active but I'm still being billed monthly?

I have a different email address on my PC. Should I have the same one on my iPhone and iPad?
8/12/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then go to Settings > your account > iCloud or Settings > iCloud and sign out. If asked to Keep or Delete data, select Keep. Then sign back in. Let me know if it is not allowing you to access settings.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I only have Delete Account at the bottom of my screen and when I log in it says that I cannot load storage plan.

Sorry, your iPad will not acccept allow secure remote. It is for computers. So you can ignore that offer and I will send instructions in here.

You said your Mastercard is no longer active. We can try changing it.

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store or Settings > your account > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID username > View Apple ID. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Update your account, then tap Done.

Let me know once you did that

Please don't open new questions. Instead, please reply here.

Ashik, Mac Technician

The verification code will send to your trusted phone number or device, did you get it ?

No, nothing has been sent.

That is strange. Remember, I don't have access to any of your personal account details, so I can't check it from here

The reason it is asking for the code is, you have probably enabled the two factor authentication security on the account. Do you have access to a computer now ?

I'm on my computer but I thought they would send the verification through to my phone.

Only if you are using same account on both iPad and iPhone. What ID are you using on the phone ?

We can try changing the payment info from your PC. Download and install iTunes on your computer from here --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then open iTunes and use that iTunes to change payment info. Once the payment info is changed, your iCloud should be able to upgrade/renew the storage plan. Refer this article to know how to change payment from PC --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201266

Thank you. I have managed to do all that was requested. Anita
When I receive calls from o/s regarding my PC and need for updates by Microsoft can I trust these calls?

You're most welcome !No, don't trust those calls. They are SCAM.

Ashik, you have been most helpful. Thank you for your support and encouragement in getting me connected again.

You're most welcome !