Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am getting the "This item will be deleted immediately. You

Customer Question

I am getting the "This item will be deleted immediately. You can’t undo this action." on one partition on an external drive. I have checked and reset all the permissions in the get info window, but it still pops up.
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacPro mid 2010 El Capitan 10-11-6
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started about two weeks ago and it has actually moved from one drive to another. I can always get all but one or two drives fixed. I have6 drives internal and four drives external. Right now it is on one of the externals that I have re-partitioned with the intention of using it for a backup drive.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried erasing the entire drive and re-partitioning already, but the problem persists. There is also a SSD internal that I have not been able to fix since this began.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ricky Kresslein replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Is the external drive giving you the issue a SSD?