Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I transfer data from one 9.7 to a newer one, older

Customer Question

how do I transfer data from one 9.7 to a newer one
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: older one with the data is 10.3.2, newer one is 10.3.3
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is not a problem with the device I just want to transfer the data in older one to newer one. Tried to use advice on tube and apple community but none appear to be up to date with 9.7
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Is the old device turned on and connected to wifi? If so, please do the following to back it up manually:

1. Open Settings .
  2. Tap the user banner at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap iCloud.

4. Tap iCloud Backup.

5. Tap Back Up Now.

Please Note: You'll need to know your Apple id and password ***** you'll need to set up the new iphone using the same id and password ***** order to restore the data from the backup to your new phone. If you aren't sure what your Apple id and password ***** please let me know so I can help you with that. Otherwise, let me know when you are ready to proceed with restoring the data from the backup to the new phone.