Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I try to rest my keychain password, I get a notice that…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to rest my keychain password, I get a notice that the specified keychain cannot be found

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac OSX 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I rest the password ***** it asked from my keychain password, which I do not recall, so I have been trying to rest it through keychain access in utilities fold in applications

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Resetting Keychain is not as easy as resetting admin password. Follow the steps below to reset keychain;

Go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs, click Keep. Then turn off the Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. This will boot into Safe Mode.

Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Library. This will open Library folder. Trash Keychain folder in there and restart your Mac. Sign in back to iCloud. If asked to setup keychain, cancel that step.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.