Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Well a friend gave me her iPhone but it has an activation…

Customer Question
Well a friend gave...

Well a friend gave me her iPhone but it has an activation lock on it. could you tell me how to get it off?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its not mines. a friend gave it to me.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that when the phone is not under my account?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

That the phone is up under someone else account.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your friend will need to enter her Apple ID and password ***** unlock the phone.

There is no other way to bypass this security feature.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

But he don't know his password ***** Apple ID

If your friend doesn't know the ID or password ***** you will need to take the phone to an Apple store along with proof of ownership.