Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I go to sign in to my Mac the laptop shuts off. Mac…

Customer Question
When I go to...

When I go to sign in to my Mac the laptop shuts off

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Mac book pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

My son hasn't been able to get on for months due to this issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

The hard reset changing the password ***** also turning it on and off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 11 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Try starting up in safe mode and try it again.

To load your Mac in Safe Mode, press and hold the Shift key while it boots. You can stop holding the Shift key when you see an Apple logo and progress bar. To leave Safe Mode, just reboot your Mac without holding the Shift key.

Do you still need assistance?