Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am not able to get into Safari because I am getting an…

Customer Question
I am not able...

I am not able to get into Safari because I am getting an error message that says "Safari can't open the page "safari" because safari can't find the server "safari"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Have not changed it since I bought the computer

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Didn't know that Apple had an online reset tool. Does it rease any of my password *****?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
8/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, please follow the step by step instructions in this tutorial video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjfEniDwSc

Let me know the results

Thank you

this did not help me because the error message says that "safari can't open the page "safari" because safari can't find the server "safari".
  • First Check the URL field to make sure that you have written the web address correctly.
  • Try to clear Safari cache and website data. Go to Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data. (Uncheck history)
  • Change the DNS Settings :
  1. open Settings - WiFi, then tap the blue “i” inside the circle next to the connection that you use to open the Info window.
  2. Replace everything in the DNS field with the Google’s Public DNS server : use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (click this image)

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Has everything worked out, Do you still need help ?

Mike, Mac Medic