Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It is an office computer and monitor all in one. the kid was…

Customer Question
It is an office...

It is an office computer and monitor all in one. the kid was rapidly hitting keys, and now the monitor does not display the screen clearly. I assume it is a setting that was altered. How do I correct the problem.

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

I will check.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know when it was updated last. Where do I find it? The problem is not updates. It is settings.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't wish to connect to give someone access to my computer or my wife's computer

I understand. "How" is the screen not displayed correctly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I won't allow a remotely connect arrangement.
The colors are not right, the resolution is distorted.

Okay, you can ignore any remote offer.

How are the colors "not right"?

What does it mean when you say that the resolution is "distorted"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
e.g. colors: a face is yellow with the darker shaded areas of a face are red .
by distorted I mean everything is blurred and not distinct

Have you turned the computer off and on, yet? If not, please do so and report back with the status of your problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
was done many times. No change (no success)

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left
- Click System Preferences
- Click Display
- Click Displays

On this page, change the resolution and see if that helps.

Did that help at all?

You may also wish to switch between "Scaled" and "Not Scaled">

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't read the page properly.to see all the options and know where to click to make the switch. I can't find scaled and not scaled, but i did change the scale to a large picture and nothing changed except the size.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am coming to believe that the problem is not setting, but the machine itself.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Are you still looking for resolution on this matter?