Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My new ipad has a split screen and no matter what i do i

Customer Question

my new ipad has a split screen and no matter what i do i cannot get rid of it? Help please!
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: i just updated to ios 10.3.3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just that but the problem exisited before. i updated to possibly fix it - it did not!
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just trying to end one side of screen. it is only split in Safari.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Put your iPad in horizontal way, then open Safari. In Safari, on the right side or left section, you will see a small x button under the address bar (in left side). Tap it to close that window and put the other window to full screen. If you want to put it back to split screen, then just tap and hold your finger on the tabs (two boxes icon) at top right and select Open in Split View)

If that didn't work, then close Safari. Go to Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data, Only do this if the above doesn't work.

See this video ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0p67QyRMA&t=37s

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.