Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

My MacBook Pro just froze. When I forced a restart it gives

Customer Question

Hi. My MacBook Pro just froze. When I forced a restart it gives the error "Finder quit unexpectedly" and I can't access files. Safari won't load either. Ugh.
JA: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen MacBook Pro (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?
Customer: The computer is no longer frozen but the Finder quit and the error message just keeps popping up. I can open applications which are on my sidebar but can't access the finder.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else they'd want to know
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Reboot and hold down CMD + R and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hang on a bit - I'm talking to Apple support

Right on. They are super. I worked for Apple as a Genius for many years. If they cannot help I am more than happy to continue with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Let me see if they can help. This is really worrisome.

They are likely going to have you do a reinstall of the OS. The could walk you through single user mode, but it is hard to say. Some times the file system does get corrupt. It is not common, but it can happen.