Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My MacBook Pro just froze. When I forced a restart it gives…

Customer Question
Hi. My MacBook Pro...

Hi. My MacBook Pro just froze. When I forced a restart it gives the error "Finder quit unexpectedly" and I can't access files. Safari won't load either. Ugh.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen MacBook Pro (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

The computer is no longer frozen but the Finder quit and the error message just keeps popping up. I can open applications which are on my sidebar but can't access the finder.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else they'd want to know

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Reboot and hold down CMD + R and let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hang on a bit - I'm talking to Apple support

Right on. They are super. I worked for Apple as a Genius for many years. If they cannot help I am more than happy to continue with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Let me see if they can help. This is really worrisome.

They are likely going to have you do a reinstall of the OS. The could walk you through single user mode, but it is hard to say. Some times the file system does get corrupt. It is not common, but it can happen.