Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I photo is frozen with rainbow circle continuing to rotate.

Customer Question

JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: OS X 10. 6.8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just checked and it reported that all was up to date
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have done many force quits and aftr a reboot when I go back to Iphoto it is still frozen with the rainbow circle revolving. the only way to get out of it to use other programs is the force quit.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, This usually happens if there is any problem with RAM, Hard drive or with the system files.

Please try some basic troubleshooting steps to isolate and fix the problem. First try Disk Utility :

• Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command + R keys on your keyboard.
  • This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS Utilities” menu
  • Select Disk Utility.
  • In Disk Utility, click Repair Permission. Then click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk

Then reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below :

• Shut down your Mac
  • Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  • Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  • Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Let me know the results

Thank you