Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

UGH! My son somehow got my phone and changed the password. I…

Customer Question
UGH! My son somehow...

UGH! My son somehow got my phone and changed the password. I cant open my 7 Plus!! What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I just got my phone about 2 wks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have it on auto backup.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You. LOL

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 year ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Josh!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.
If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID
Select the device you want to erase.
Now you can restore from backup
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Problem is....I can't obtain my two factor code sent from apple

There should be an option around that feature when you are resetting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me check
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying....how long can I talk to you?

There isn't a set time and it is not a pay per minute service. It is a flat rate so take your time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It won't give me an alternative
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says get a verification code from other trusted device. I chose that and it just thinks...it won't generate anything.

It should work through that option -- Are you trying the steps on a computer?

Close all of the browser windows then reopen and see if it works now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Let me know if it works

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I close this window I will lose you..

Yes, you can always return back here through Justanswer.com

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.