Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Brandon. I wonder if you can help. I'm using iMovie, and…

Customer Question
Hi Brandon. I...

Hi Brandon. I wonder if you can help. I'm using iMovie, and trying to export a project to a file. The share options are greyed out, and when I click the share icon at the top right hand of projects page I get the message "this time cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera". I've tried deleting and re-loading files from the memory disc, but the videos only appear when the memory disc is in the machine.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Sorry? Latest iMovie Application?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Only the normal ones when requested. Last one about a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?

No Thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ready now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks

What version is it you're using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10.1.6

Can you allow me to connect and have a look?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would prefer you didn't do that thanks Kris.

OK - can you send some screen shots?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need Kris. I sorted it out myself as I created a theatre file which I used to burn to my DVD (which was the whole intention).Just one question, what is the best method of backing this up on my hard drive please?

Do you have another HDD or Cloud storage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I have a remote hard drive attached to the machine that I use for keeping all my movies incase the DVD's ever get lost or damaged.Because of the problem with this file I have just stored a theatre file, but would quite like to actually keep an MPEG4 if possible.

If you wish I can go over how to set up and use the back-up facility built into MAC OSX.