Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Brandon. I wonder if you can help. I'm using iMovie, and

Customer Question

Hi Brandon. I wonder if you can help. I'm using iMovie, and trying to export a project to a file. The share options are greyed out, and when I click the share icon at the top right hand of projects page I get the message "this time cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera". I've tried deleting and re-loading files from the memory disc, but the videos only appear when the memory disc is in the machine.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Sorry? Latest iMovie Application?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only the normal ones when requested. Last one about a year ago
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ready now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

What version is it you're using?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
10.1.6
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Can you allow me to connect and have a look?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer you didn't do that thanks Kris.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

OK - can you send some screen shots?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No need Kris. I sorted it out myself as I created a theatre file which I used to burn to my DVD (which was the whole intention).Just one question, what is the best method of backing this up on my hard drive please?
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Do you have another HDD or Cloud storage?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I have a remote hard drive attached to the machine that I use for keeping all my movies incase the DVD's ever get lost or damaged.Because of the problem with this file I have just stored a theatre file, but would quite like to actually keep an MPEG4 if possible.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

If you wish I can go over how to set up and use the back-up facility built into MAC OSX.