Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After software update,phone is asking for 4 digit code which…

Customer Question
After software update,phone is...

After software update,phone is asking for 4 digit code which I forgot and the phone is now locked. Can I unlock it without loosing my contact data?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

IOS10.3

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Thru email to reset my account password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I was not succesful getting into my account

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.