Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Getting a lot of messages that say a book is not available

Customer Question

Getting a lot of messages that say a book is not available for download on my device
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: iPad mini
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For months. I have always been able to purchase books on amazon and have them downloaded via my kindle app. But now I get these messages
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Can you send me a screenshot?

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi - I found out the answer. It has to do with Amazon refusing to pay Apple's huge sales tax on sales through IOS devices, I can no longer buy e- books directly through my iPad or any other IOS device. But I found out I can still buy directly through the Amazon site and send the e-book to my Kindle app on my iPad. Go figure. Case closed. Thanks.