Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Remove a virus, I pad, Resent message, It might an iPod

Customer Question

Remove a virus
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I pad
JA: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resent message
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It might an iPod about 6by8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Usually apple devices do not get "viruses" but it may be malware or spyware from websites that you might have browsed to through your internet browser like safari. Depending on what you saw, it could just be a "scare tactic" from the site telling you that you have a virus when you really do not. If you were using safari on the ipad , try going to settings>safari>clear history and website data> then choose "clear history and website data" again. Then go back to the same area where you chose under the "clear history and website data" and choose ADVANCED>website data>then choose remove all website data (this may have nothing there but its worth it to check)

Let me know if you don't use safari or if it doesn't work let me know what you saw to let you know you have a virus and then we can continue to troubleshoot.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.