Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Keep getting a message on Icalender that "Calendar can't…

Customer Question
Keep getting a message...

Keep getting a message on Icalender that "Calendar can't save the event .... to the exchange server? If I press revert to server button underneath, the calendar entry tha t I typed disappears. What to do

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I know nothing about Calendar program

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer tech support, thank you for utilizing our services.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing Calendar event issue. I will do my best to help and fix it.

Following the given steps will fix the issue the solution involves deleting some cache files and restarting all Calendar processes.

• Quit Calendar application (Command + Q)
  • Quiet Apple Mail
  • Open Activity Monitor (through Spotlight or Launchpad)
  • Search for “Calendar” and quit the relevant processes
  • Open Finder and navigate to ~/Library/Calendars
  • Delete cache files
  • Relaunch Calendar

Quitting Calendar can be done through the keyboard shortcut Command + Q or through the Calendar —> Quit Calendar menu. The same steps apply to Apple Mail.

To launch Activity Monitor go through Launchpad (second icon from the right in your dock) or use Spotlight (Command + Space).

Delete Cache Files

Open Finder and navigate to ~/Library/Calendars either through the keyboard shortcut Shift + Command + G or the Go —> Go to Folder… menu. There you will see up to three files starting with the name Calendar Cache. Drag all three files to the trash.

Relaunch Calendar

let me know if you have anymore question
i will guide you further if needed.

Answer didn’t help at all. Couldn’t find the activity monitor and don’t know what are relevant processes. Nothing made or makes sense. Still getting the same error code.
Mac Support Specialist: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. Can you please let me know if you tried the below solution.

1) Open Calendar (formerly iCal).
2) Go to the Calendar menu and select Preferences.
3) Select the Accounts tab.
4) Remove the Exchange server account which is giving you the error messages. Now, this calendar will be removed from the Calendar app.
5) Go to System Preferences and click on the "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" , find your Exchange server account, and check the "Calendars & Reminders" option to re-enable your calendar.
6) Your Calendar should now sync properly.

Thanks,

Kumar

When I went to system preferences, there was no mail contacts and calendars. Am in limbo. Still not processing correctly.

Thank You for reverting back. Can you please let me know from where you are opening the System Preferences. Is it from the Utilities or from the Application?

Thanks,

Kumar

I have no idea what that means. Sorry

Should I do a Remote session and check once myself?

Thanks,

Kumar

Also, can you let me know have you installed anything in /Library/Mail/Bundles or /Users/you/Library/Mail/Bundles?

Thanks,

Kumar

Nothing was installed unless it was one of those automatic uploads.
My menus here don't match your descriptions. Very sorry, but this isn't working.

Not at all a Problem. Can you please join a Remote Session so that I can have a look. Please let me know and I'll send a link.

Thanks,

Kaushik

P. Kumar
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager