Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My grandson set up my tablet with his icloud ID and a

Customer Question
My grandson set up...

My grandson set up my tablet with his icloud ID and a password ***** three years ago,it worked fine until about a week ago when he hit find my phone now my tablet doesn't work it needs an ID and Password, and he doesn't remember it.How do I set up an account that I will be able to use my own tablet?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?

I am not shur I won it.All I know is it has an apple simble and a iPad on the back and with it locked I can't get into it to find out.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No.what updates?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Icalled my grandson and ask him to go find my phone select all devices to open list linked to the account select device that your removing.Click remove from account. I shut off device for about an hour turned it back on and it still is locked.I tried calling my grandson has no answer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

No.Why is so hard to clear the problem.There is no way to say I forgot my password ***** ID and set a new one .

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
8/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

If it is asking for the apple id and password, you will need to go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid on another device or computer and enter your apple id, then continue as it will give you options to reset your password.

Once that is done you can enter the apple id and password ***** the ipad. If you do not know the apple id as well, you can go to the same site as mentioned above and click the "forgot apple id" at teh bottom of that page.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.