Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My data plan - 100gb - was used up in 15 days. I am sure it

Customer Question

My data plan - 100gb - was used up in 15 days. I am sure it is my MacBook Pro
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?
Customer: mid last year I updated to the latest one. That is when the issues with e cessive data use started.
JA: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a year. I have been trying to use the ipda pro as a replacement - was not sure of it was Mac. However now I am pretty sure it is the Mac. It is currently open in one of my other offices (on a seperate modem and data account) and the girls have just called and said the internet keeps dropping out. Pretty sure it is because the MAC is chewing up so much data.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You can use activity monitor on your mac device and see which process of mac is using most of your data.

Please visit below website official website of apple to get to know about this tool: -

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201464

You need to click on "Network " to see the exact process who is using most of your internet bandwidth.

Let me know if you face any problem with it.

Also, to save internet bandwidth , I would recommend you to turn off Spotlight and Bing Web Searches

Turn off Spotlight Suggestions and Bing Web Searches

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Spotlight.

2. Click Search Results. If you see “Allow Spotlight Suggestions in Spotlight and Look Up,” deselect it. Otherwise, deselect Spotlight Suggestions.

3. Deselect Bing Web Searches.

Do you see screen like this in your activity monitor ?