Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My data plan - 100gb - was used up in 15 days. I am sure it…

Customer Question
My data plan -...

My data plan - 100gb - was used up in 15 days. I am sure it is my MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

Mid last year I updated to the latest one. That is when the issues with e cessive data use started.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

About a year. I have been trying to use the ipda pro as a replacement - was not sure of it was Mac. However now I am pretty sure it is the Mac. It is currently open in one of my other offices (on a seperate modem and data account) and the girls have just called and said the internet keeps dropping out. Pretty sure it is because the MAC is chewing up so much data.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You can use activity monitor on your mac device and see which process of mac is using most of your data.

Please visit below website official website of apple to get to know about this tool: -

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201464

You need to click on "Network " to see the exact process who is using most of your internet bandwidth.

Let me know if you face any problem with it.

Also, to save internet bandwidth , I would recommend you to turn off Spotlight and Bing Web Searches

Turn off Spotlight Suggestions and Bing Web Searches

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Spotlight.

2. Click Search Results. If you see “Allow Spotlight Suggestions in Spotlight and Look Up,” deselect it. Otherwise, deselect Spotlight Suggestions.

3. Deselect Bing Web Searches.