Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My I-pad screen went blank (white) and won't respond to any

Customer Question

My I-pad screen went blank (white) and won't respond to any command. It won't turn off. What do I do?
JA: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?
Customer: Yes. No response.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It will go to the rest mode with a single click, but returns to a white screen when taken off rest.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Try this a couple of times on this device. Your processes may be stuck or due to an update.

If this doesnt work, plug the ipad in for 15 minutes. Leave it set. Then try that again and respond back with results.