Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do you backup your files on rage iPad, I guess it is…

Customer Question
How do you backup...

How do you backup your files on rage iPad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I guess it is windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

There is nothing going on, I just want to back up my files and forget how

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
7/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are mainly two ways to backup your iPad. You can do any method that is convenient to you.

Method 1 : Using PC with iTunes application

For this method, you need to have access to a PC. This is the fastest method.

We can backup the iPad to your computer using iTunes application

Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the iPad to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPad icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons.

(If asked to restore backup or setup as new iPad, choose setup as new)

This will bring the Summary screen of iPad. Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPad to your computer.

Method 2 : Using iCloud.

For this method, you don't need a computer, but need an high speed internet connection. To do this, follow the steps below;

On your iPad , go to Settings > your account > iCloud and sign in to your iCloud account (ignore if already signed in). Then tap iCloud Backup there (or Backup) and do a backup. This will backup it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.