Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Scanned gift card to iTunes account on my phone. I forgot to…

Customer Question
Scanned gift card to...

Scanned gift card to iTunes account on my phone. I forgot to change my payment method. So now I have a gift card that has been scanned and is useless now. 50$ down the drain. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

First time now

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that Im aware of.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

How can I troubleshoot iTunes gift card

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I need help on applying the ITunes credit I paid for.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
7/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Did you scan the itunes credit to the wrong apple account?

Or, please clarify what the issue is. Thank you for your reply,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive charged my credit card to I tunes.. I did not have my credit card with me at the time. So I purchased a ITunes gift card to add to my iTunes on my phone. I did not change my payment method back to NONE on my iTunes account. I scanned the gift card, and now it will not credit my iTunes account.

Did you purchase the itunes gift card in a store, or online?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In a store

Ok, Try to enter the code manually instead.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201209

Whst happens when you follow these steps>

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have. I did not work either

Ok, then you have to contact apple care and have them swap the credit or add it to your account.

You can contact the correct department here.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201195#contact

Thank you,

Dustin S.