Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I spilt tea on my iPhone4, immediately picked it up, dried…

Customer Question
I spilt tea on...

I spilt tea on my iPhone4, immediately picked it up, dried it off and put it in a bowl of rice for 5 hours now it's dead. have you any advice.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

It was an iPhone 4 with the original operating system

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We dried it off and tried to dry it out in a bowl of rice and tried to turn it on after 7 hours but it doesn't go on. We also tried to plug it in and turn it on, but it is obviously broken

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

We just would like to know how to get the contacts off of it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
7/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok

I would recommend making sure it is off and putting it back in the rice. It can often take up to 48 hours to dry out in rice. As for the contacts, did you have them set to back up on iCloud automatically?