Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently upgraded my pages software. I edit a lot of

Customer Question
Hi, I recently upgraded...

Hi, I recently upgraded my pages software. I edit a lot of documents for my clients and I was able to previously show where and write why I made changes to their originals through the comments icon along the top of the tool bar. I now can't find that comments icon. can you help me? Ray

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes only a few days ago

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Let me tell you that I am 66 years old and am essentially a techno moron. Sorry but I tried clicking on a few of the icons on the tool bar but it now looks different after I updated pages.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
7/31/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

It's possible that you have the change tracking turned off.

You can turn this on easily. I'll give you the steps.

Turn on tracking: Choose Edit > Track Changes (from the Edit menu at the top of your screen). If the review toolbar is showing above your document, you can also click Track Changes in the toolbar.

Once you do that, changes will be tracked. Also, you'll probably want the review toolbar showing for when you are working on the document.

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear in my problem. I do have track changes turned on however all I want to do is to insert notes on what I have changed and why. I used to do this by clicking an icon in the tool bar that said "comments" and I wrote them in something like a dialogue ballon from the old cartoons, and this was in a yellow colour. Now I don't have that comments icon.

This will bring up the comments sidebar.