Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

It is re-starting over and over, it is an apple iPhone 7 but

Customer Question

it is re-starting over and over
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: it is an apple iPhone 7 but the last update was not installed
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no it started doing this before i could get the last update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have plugged it into iTunes but i am tethering from my iPad and theconection is not allowing it or something err code 2006
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

You had the right idea but first try this:

• Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work then you can try to connect your iphoen to your computer with the included cable, put the phone into whats called "recovery mode", then try to back it up if it lets you. If it does not let you back up you can try to just do an update first as that will still reinstall the IOS on the phone and then if that does not work put it back into recovery mode and try restore. Restore though erases the entire phone but if you have an icloud backup or backup to itunes previously then you should be ok.

Here are the steps :

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. Most important step, and check the screen shot attached to this message as that is the recovery screen you need to see on your phone.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

It has been a couple days without a response so I will release this question to other experts in hopes that you may return at a later time.

Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?