Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Got Great help yesterday at the Atlanta Perimeter Mall

Customer Question
Got Great help yesterday...

Got Great help yesterday at the Atlanta Perimeter Mall Store... They had to do an Uninstall & Reinstall on my MacBook Pro 2011 model to both the Laptop and my external hard drive.... Most everything seems to be working but I need both Safari and Firefox..., and Firefox is not coming up on my task bar at the bottom. I "clicked" on Download for Mozilla but I'm not understanding how to bring it to my desktop? TB

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?

2011 and it's El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes..., the technician at the Apple Store last evening was patient enough to do some updates for me, but I don't believe he changed the operating system?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, as I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it..., I think if I can add Firefox to my desktop task bar.... so I will have both Safari and Firefox, I should be "good"... Thanks, TB

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
7/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I apologize for the delay.

Are you able to use the finder and locate Firefox or safari ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Mike, Mac Medic