Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple computer wont boot up greyed out circle with a slash,

Customer Question
Apple computer wont boot...

Apple computer wont boot up greyed out circle with a slash

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Mackbook pro not sure what operating system....

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pushing and holding power button down for 10 seconds

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
7/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 11 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This means that the computer can not find a bootable device.

Can you start the Apple in safe mode?

Enter safe mode:

Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The white Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.